I made two trips to Publix this week. First a quick trip to Publix on last Friday to take advantage of the Coca Cola deal, and then a quick trip today to get some cheap cheap ice cream.
Today I had a bit of an issue with my coupons, as I was first told by the cashier and then by two front managers that I could not combine the Target coupons and the Manufacturer’s coupons. I was very confused and shocked for a few minutes, as I had been at Publix and talked to another manager last week to get the ins and outs of their new coupon policy – I had even seen it in writing. So, I insisted that the managers talked to someone about the issue, and it only took one phone call to get my Publix back on track….big sigh of relief…
To me this just proves that knowing your store’s coupon policy is a must, and insisting on an explanation when you are confused never hurts.
First Publix Trip
Tostitos Salsa 15.5 oz or Dips to Go 9.9 oz, BOGO $3.19
– (2 x $1 Tostitos Coupons) ( 5/1/ Moments to Save Insert) = $1.19 ($0.60 each)
Chinet Napkins on BOGO sale for $2.15
– (2 x $1 Chinet Coupons) = $0.15 ($0.8 each)
2 x Sunchips on sale at 2 for $6 – (2 x $1) and ($2 c)
– $0.75 wd = 2.25 ($1.13 each)
8 x Coca-Cola product 12 packs @ 4 for $9.98 =$19.96
– (4 x $1 Coca Cola Coupon) = $16.96 ($2.12 each)
– $3 off coupon from Recyclebank
Total out of pocket $16.88
Total saved $42.63
Second Publix Trip
4 x Breyers Blast Ice Cream on BOGO sale @ 2 for $5.99 = $11.98
– (2 x $1.50 Target Breyers Coupons and 2 x $1.50 MF Breyers Blast Coupons Facebook) = $5.98 ($1.50 each)
4 x Sabra Hummus on sale @ $2.50 each = $10
– (4 x $1 MF Sabra Coupons SS 5/22) = $6 ($1.50 each)
1 Smartbalance Lactose Free milk @ $3.69
– $1 MF Smartbalance coupon = $2.69
6 x Corn on the cob = $1.50
Total out of pocket $16.17
Total saved $31.40
Total spent at Publix this week $33.05
Total saved at Publix this week $74.03
Thank you to I Heart Publix for helping me save on my groceries.
Has the new coupon policy been good or bad for your Publix shopping?
Did you get any great deals at Publix lately?
Come link up at the Weekly Savings Linky here @ Frugality Is Free