I went into my local Target today for the first time since the new Public coupon policy took effect, and I was both curious and nervous as to what changes might have been made. It turns out that there are only positive changes. They still take Target coupons, they still take a competitor coupon with a Publix coupon, and here’s the good part – they now take Whole Foods coupons….
So for me, there seems to be only good changes, and for that I am excited.
My husband requested Ramen Noodles, and I used the Yakisoba Noodles to get the price down just a little bit. I did not save much by buying them, but there are many people in need in my area, and while we do not eat those noodles, they are already gone divided between three different people.
I had to wait a while for my husband today, but the time seemed to fly by as everyone wanted to talk coupons. I had a cashier, a packer and then several customers ask me about how I managed to save as much as I did with coupons (although I really did not save that much today), and I of course sent them all to I Heart Publix.
Check Out My Publix Shopping Trip:
Ramen Noodles $0.99
Ramen Noodles $0.99
10 x Yakisoba noodles on BOGO sale @ 2 for $0.89 = $4.45
– (10 x $0.50 MF coupon (SS 3/13) = FREE ($0.55 overage)
4 x Heinz Ketchup 40 oz on sale @ $1.99 each = $7.96
– (4 x $2 Heinz coupons – no longer available) = Free ($0.04 overage)
8 x Zatarains Black Beans & Rice on sale @ $1 each = $8
– (4 x $0.75 Zatarains coupons RP 4/17 ) = $5 ($0.63 each)
2 x Yoplait kids yogurt @ $2 each = $4
– ($2 PC Yellow Advantage flyer and 2 x $0.50 MF Yoplait Kids Coupons = $1 ($0.50 each)
2 x Morningstar Burgers @ $3 each = $6
– (2 x $1 Publix coupon from Greenwise spring flyer and $2 Target Morningstar Coupon) = $2 ($1 each)
6 x Kelloggs Special K Red Berries @ $2.50 each = $15
Ground chuck $3.49
– ($1 Publix Meat Coupon from the Publix Calendar) = $2.49
Ground chuck $3.45
– ($1 Publix Meat Coupon from the Publix Calendar)= $2.45
Boneless chicken thighs $3.89
– ($1 Publix Meat Coupon from the Publix Calendar)= $2.89
Eggplant $0.99/lb = $1.15
6 pieces of corn $1.50 ($0.25 each)
Publix deli lemonade $2.99
– $3 Recyclebank coupon
Total out of pocket $31.04
Total saved $68.90
Did the new Publix coupon policy affect you positively or negatively?