Kaley from Cha Ching On A Shoestring has made a fabulous Summer Frugal Fun and Free Activities list, and she wants to share it with all of you.
Reading Rewards Programs:
- Borders Double Dog Dare You Reading program: Kids 12 and under can join the Borders Double Dog Dare You Reading program. They will earn a free book when they read 10 books, fill out this form and bring it in to any Borders, Waldenbooks, or Borders express store by September 5, 2011.
- Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Club: Kids in grades 1-6 can receive a free book from Barnes & Noble by reading 8 books over the summer. They will need to fill out a Summer Reading Journal and bring the journal to a B&N location when they are finished to choose a free book.
- Pottery Barn Kids Book Club: Kids ages 10 and under will receive a FREE book at their local PBK store after completing a recommended reading list. Pottery Barn Kids also holds story time every Tuesday from 11:00-11:30. (Check your local store to confirm the time and date). After attending 5 times, your child will receive a free gift.
- Find more free reading programs here.
- Regal Free Family Film Festival: Beginning in June, select Regal Theaters will be offering $1.00 G and PG rated movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning at 10 am.
- Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse: Participating Cinemark theaters are offering $1 family-friendly movies on select weekday mornings throughout the summer. You can opt to purchase an advance pass for all ten movies for just $5 making them only $0.50 each!
- Find more free summer movies here.
Free Craft Projects:
- Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Clinics: Workshops are offered every other Saturday at 10 a.m. Each participant also receives a free apron, goggles, a project themed patch, and a certification of merit upon completion of their project.
- Home Depot Free Kid’s Workshops: Workshops are designed for children ages 5-12 and are offered on the first Saturday of the month between 9 a.m. and noon at all Home Depot stores.
- Find more free activities and craft programs here.
- Free Bowling at AMF: Register your children to get weekly coupons via email for two free games per child per day at participating AMF bowling lanes all summer long.
- Free Admission to National Parks: The National Park Service will offer free admission at more than 100 National Parks on the weekends of June 5-6 and August 14-15. Go here for more information.
- Find more free activities here.
For a complete list of frugal fun and free activities this summer, make sure to check out the summer Frugal Fun guide at Cha Cha on A Shoe String.
Thank you Kaley for sharing this great list of frugal fun and free activities for families.