When I first saw the shiny eco friendly lunchbox from ECOlunchboxes, I was amazed. Not only is it practical, non-toxic and waste-free, but it is a beauty as well.
The lunchboxes from ECOlunchboxes are made out of type 304 stainless steel, and it includes a 3/4 stainless steel cup with a BPA free lid.
As a mother I am very impressed with the 3 cup large oval ECOlunchbox “ECOlunchbox Oval”, because it is the perfect size for a kids lunch box. It has room for a sandwich and a snack, and it is easy to open and snap closed. It fits perfectly into my five-year-old son’s lunch bag, and there is still room left in the lunch bag for a small reusable water bottle.
Not only are the Ecolunchboxe environmentally friendly, but the team behind ECOlunchboxes has also done a study that shows that the ECOlunchboxes are very frugal as well. According to the ECOlunchboxes study the typical American family generates 4,320 pieces of trash during lunchtime annually and all these throw-a ways cost $400 unnecessarily! So going green… with waste-free lunches… definitely is a saver.
Green Trash Ninja
ECOlunchboxes recently kicked off a campaign to raise funds to make a smart phone game teaching kids how to green their habits.
The San Francisco Bay Area green business has developed a concept for a fun eco game for kids to sort flying lunch trash into recycling, compost and trash bins. Working against the clock with colorful lunchtime waste zipping across the screen, children will be entertained by the playful game and educated at the same time.
ECOlunchboxes is reaching out for support from the eco community to help fund development of the app game, which it’s calling Green Trash Ninja.
Development of the game will cost $8,700, so ECOlunchboxes has launched a fund-raising campaign on Indiegogo.com, a website platform specializing in crowd funding. Donors are rewarded with prizes and recognition.
ECOlunchboxes is asking people, organizations and schools who support no-waste lunches to donate as well as help spread the word about its fundraising campaign through digital media channels, such as email newsletters, Facebook and Twitter.
To help the Green Trash Ninja campaign, send out a tweet:
Tweet: Help make it happen for Green Trash Ninja: Crowd Fundraising for Eco Game App on #indiegogo http://igg.me/p/36231?i=twtr
Or donate to the Green Trash Ninja campaign.
One (1) Frugality Is Free reader will win the ECOlunchbox Oval from ECOlunchboxes.
Mandatory Entry (1 Entry)
Visit EcoLunchBox.com and return to let me know, which of their products you would love to have.
To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is equal to one entry, so make sure to leave a separate comment for every entry.
( Make sure to leave your email in the comment,
or have it available at your profile page.)
Make sure to do the mandatory entry!
- 1 Entry – Visit the EcoLunchBoxes website and share the EcoLunchBoxes image on Facebook. Leave your Facebook name.
- 1 Entry donate a minimum of $1 to the Green Trash Ninja campaign.
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow EcoLunchBox on Facebook and Twitter. (Leave your Facebook and/or Twitter name)
- 1 Entry for each method - Friend JRFrugalMom on Facebook, Follow Frugality Is Free on Google Friend Connect, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- 1 Entry per giveaway entered- Enter any other current giveaway at any of my blogs (You can see all giveaways in the sidebar)
- 1 Entry per comment - Comment on any non-giveaway posts here at Frugality Is Free (up to 3 entries)
- 1 Entry for each - Like my other blogs on Facebook: Florida Free and Frugal, My Best Printable Coupons or The Aldi Spot.
- 3 Entries – 1 entry per method Subscribe to Frugality Is Free emails
- 1 Entry – 1 entry per tweet and/or facebook post- Tweet about this giveaway or post about it on facebook, make sure to leave a direct link. (Each can be done daily)
Win an eco friendly lunchbox from @ecolunchboxes @JRFrugalMom #giveaway http://tinyurl.com/3fxzrr9
This giveaway will end Wednesday September 28th at 10 p.m. EST.
The giveaway is open to U.S. residents 18 years old or older. I will chose the winner via Random.org, and the winner will be notified by e-mail. Make sure to leave your email, or have your contact available on your blogger profile. The winner will have 48 hours to respond, and if there is no response another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary EcoLunchBox Oval for the purpose of writing a review and hosting a giveaway. No monetary compensation has been received, and any opinions expressed above are based solely on my experience with the EcoLunchBox brand and products.