GrubHub is a great concept, where you can order online from local restaurants or order through your smartphone, and I am very impressed with the ease of ordering. GrubHub is operating in the top 18 metro markets, and you besides ordering food online, you can also use the service to compare menu prices, read reviews and find unique restaurant coupon offers.
GrubHub has made ordering food online and food delivery quick, simple and easy. Not only is it easy to order, but choosing food from the restaurant menu was made simpler, because whenever you move your mouse over the menu item, a description of this item will pop up. I ordered from a local Mexican restaurant, and this surely made it a lot easier to order.
- The concept of being able to order from local restaurants, which otherwise do not have the funds to enable online ordering.
- GrubHub is FREE to use
- The ease of ordering with GrubHub.
- You can leave special instructions on each food item, and at check out as well.
- Payment can be done by credit card, paypal, gift certificates or with cash.
- Estimate of pick up time
- Option of not having tableware and napkins to make the earth a little greener
- Coupons are available for some restaurants
- When looking for restaurants in your area, you can choose an option of only seeing restaurants that are “open now”.
- 24/7 Customer Service – ask a question, and your answer will come seconds later.
- It would be great to have an email sent once the order is ready to be picked up, as this would help me avoid any wait time.
GrubHub sent me a $25 gift certificate to use, and this of course helped me over the first hurdle, but I decided that I wanted to add salsa and chips to my order, which would send me over the gift certificate amount.
I ended up paying the remaining balance with Paypal, and I am excited to have found a way to order food with my paypal funds. It was extremely easy, and I always feel safe with Paypal.
When you order online at GrubHub.com, you do have the option of paying with cash, but I knew that my husband only had very little cash on him today, so the fact that I could pay with Paypal was very convenient.
In minutes was able to order food for everyone in my family, and I quickly clicked finished ordering.
Then I was prompted to either sign up for a free GrubHub account or order as a guest. I opted to sign up for a free GrubHub account, and I then entered the gift certificate code and choose Paypal for the remaining balance.
The order was set to be ready for pick up 25 minutes later, and when my husband came to pick it up it was ready to go – on time.
Picking up was easy, the restaurant staff quickly found the order on their computer, and my husband was in and out of the restaurant with the food in a few minutes.
This was our first time ordering food online through GrubHub, but it will definitely not be our last time.
I can highly recommend food delivery in Miami and ordering food online through GrubHub, which is why I am excited to be giving away a $25 GrubHub gift certificate to one of Frugality Is Free’s readers courtesy of GrubHub.
The giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents 18 years old or older. I will chose the winner via Random.org, and the winner will be notified by e-mail. Make sure to leave your email, or have your contact available on your blogger profile. The winner will have 48 hours to respond, and if there is no response another winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary GrubHub gift certificate for the purpose of ordering food online through GrubHub, writing a review and hosting a giveaway. Any opinions expressed above are based solely on my experience with ordering food online with GrubHub.