October is SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) Awareness Month, and to bring attention to the cause HALO is sponsoring a HALO giveaway here at Frugality Is Free. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm, which is why HALO is giving away a HALO SleepSack wearable blanket.
SAFE SLEEP TIPS
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back both at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
One of Frugality Is Free’s readers will win a HALO SleepSack wearable blanket
This giveaway will end Wednesday October 31st at Midnight EST.
Disclaimer: The prize and SIDS information was provided by HALO. No compensation was received.