Are you looking for a way to save on clothes? A few weeks ago I ordered a big box of clothing from my favorite online consignment store, and I eagerly awaited the box. I had purchased some back-to-school clothes for a little girl, who needed some basic school clothes for her kindergarten start. During a second inspection, I discovered that a few of the embellishments on one of the skorts were missing, and I was also a bit disappointed that a purple hoodie I had gotten for her was showing more signs of wear than I expected from ThredUp.
In the past, a final ThredUp quality inspection has caught mistakes like this and refunded me the purchase, while still sending along the item, so I decided to contact ThredUp customer service. After sending them some photos, they kindly refunded the money that I had spent on the two items. Now, that’s great customer service in my book, and this is one of the reasons, why I keep coming back. I know that I can count on high quality and great customer service at ThredUp, and that means a lot, when buying second hand clothing online.
So, yesterday I decided to go through the ThredUp back-to-school clothes collection to see, if I could find a couple of new pieces for the little girl, and I sure did. I found a Levis jeans skort, a khaki Gymboree skort, a pair of O’Neill jeans and a pink Gymboree hoodie, all perfect for starting kindergarten.
I do not buy uniform tops second hand, because they usually fade too quickly, but since ThredUp took care of the uniform bottoms, all that is needed is basics and uniform tops.
I also found quite a few beautiful dresses and even a swim suit for Bellamy Blue, who is already wearing a few size 12 dresses.
I ended up getting 18 pieces of clothing plus a couple of bloomers and a hat for only $0.64 out of pocket with free shipping after credits, and this is surely better than any deal I can find in store. For our family of six, ThredUp has been a real blessing.
If you have back-to-school shopping to do, I can highly recommend doing it at ThredUp….and do it now, before everyone else gets the good deals.
- Resist temptation and only buy items at $2.9, if you buy 17 items at $2.99, you even get free shipping, and if you sign up below, you also get $10 FREE, which means you can get 17 items for only $2.40 each!
- Or buy shoes, an expensive pair of name brand jeans, or another name brand item for your tween or teen minus the $10 you only pay $2.99 in shipping.
How To Shop Smart At ThredUp:
- Sign up for your free $10 ThredUp bonus
- Choose the gender and sizes you want
- Choose prices low to high in the top right hand-side and start browsing.
- Check out the new-with-tag section (in the sidebar under “condition”)
- Add everything you like to your cart to reserve the item
- You can always remove it from your cart during your final sorting.
- Buy items such as jeans, jean shorts, dresses, skirts and jackets, which are hard to find at low prices even on clearance.
- Everything ships in 3 – 7 business days.
If you need a way to save on clothes, I can highly recommend buying jeans, jackets, dresses and such as ThredUp. Make sure to take advantage of the free $10 ThredUp sign up bonus while it lasts. There is no minimum order, but shipping is $2.99. If you spend $50 before the $10 discount, you get free shipping. If you sign up through my ThredUp bonus link you get $10 to shop for and so do I.
My biggest problem with ThredUp is that it is quite difficult to choose, which items to buy and which to leave behind. I am a realist, and so I realize that ThredUp is a treasure, where the terms can change any day. This is why I buy ahead for my baby girl at ThredUp – you just never know, when this great deal will end. I know that I will never be able to buy these gorgeous dresses new, not even at clearance prices.
What will you get for your free $10 at ThredUp?