October is SIDS Awareness Month, and during the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook Like.
Did you know that 80-90% of SIDS-related deaths are due to unsafe sleep practices?
For years HALO has helped spread awareness of SIDS prevention, and they’ve come out with lots of new products that help parents keep their babies safe sleepers.
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
When we brought Bellamy Blue home from the hospital, we started out with the HALO SleepSack Swaddles. These easy-to-use swaddle sleepsacks helped Bellamy Blue stay comfortable and safe by eliminating the need for blanket, and they also helped keep her calm with the swaddling effect.
Now that Bellamy Blue has graduated from the infant HALO SleepSack Swaddles, she sleeps comfortably in her HALO SleepSacks, which is also known as the original wearable blanket. For the warm nights we use the cool-to-the touch 100 percent cotton HALO SleepSacks, but for the cold nights the new Micro-fleece SleepSacks are perfect to keep our little one warm.
The special micro-fleece material is extremely soft and cuddly, and our baby girl loves touching it.
The SleepSacks from HALO are snug, yet big enough so that Bellamy Blue easily mastered turning around, sitting up and pulling herself to a standing position in them.
The new HALO micro-fleece SleepSacks come in lots of great colors, patterns and with the cutest embroidery.
You can buy the HALO Sleepsacks including the new Micro-Fleece HALO SleepSacks at the HALO website and at Amazon.
One of Frugality Is Free’s readers will win a Micro-Fleece HALO SleepSack wearable blanket.
HALO and the HALO Micro-Fleece SleepSacks are a part of the 2013 Holiday Gift Guide at Frugality Is Free, because the wearable blankets are perfect gifts for little ones this coming holiday season. The HALO Micro-Fleece SleepSacks are especially great for the colder months, because the micro-fleece material will help keep little ones warm while keeping them safe at night.
This giveaway will end Monday November 11th at midnight EST.
Disclaimer: The Safe Sleep information was provided by HALO. The Frugality Is Free family received a complimentary HALO Micro-Fleece SleepSack sample for the purpose of writing a review, sharing safe sleep information and hosting a giveaway, no monetary compensation was received. Any opinions expressed above are based solely on our family’s experience with Micro-Fleece SleepSack.