Have you ever cooked lobster? I have never cooked lobster, and I will admit that it is partly because of intimidation. This very detailed stuffed lobster tail recipe from Red Lobster, may just be what it takes for me to me to give it a try.
This Stuffed Lobster Tail recipe is brought to you by Red Lobster, and it is inspired by their new Dueling Lobster Tail entrée.
Red Lobster® Stuffed Lobster Tail
Prep Time: 30 minutes Bake Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour
Ingredients Crab Stuffing
- 2/3 cup crab meat
- 2/3 cup cheese and Garlic croutons (crushed) or any flavored pre-made crouton that you can find at your local grocery store
- 1/4 cup. prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt-free all-purpose seasoning
Garlic Butter Sauce
*You can prepare this sauce at home or can use prepared garlic butter from your local grocery store
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lemon,
- juice of Stuffed Lobster Tails
- 4 Maine lobster tails
Your crab stuffing mixture
- Garlic butter sauce
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare Crab Stuffing
- In a large bowl, combine crab meat, crushed croutons, Alfredo sauce, lemon juice and all-purpose seasoning.
- Set aside for later. Prepare garlic butter Sauce
- In skillet, heat together butter and olive oil and sauté garlic.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley. Continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Set aside for later. Cut Lobster Tail
- With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut completely through Maine lobster tail from base of flippers to the top. Do not cut through flippers.
- Break open last shell segment closest to the tail and roll the two sides outward to open lobster.
- Remove vein. If necessary, use a pan of ice water to remove veins from the meat.
- Gently lift meat from shell leaving meat attached at tail end. This keeps meat from sticking to shell when cooked and makes it easier to eat.
- Place meat back into shell.
- Repeat with other lobster tails. Stuff Lobster Tail
- Place Maine tails in a square glass baking dish or on a baking sheet.
- For each tail, split crab stuffing into four equal portions. and shape stuffing in an oval shape similar to the opening between the two halves of the tail.
- For each tail, gently place stuffing on the opening from tail to end, having it sit up a little, and keeping the stuffing off the lobster meat. Do not press stuffing into the cavity.
- For each tail, brush stuffing and lobster meat evenly with garlic butter.
- For each tail, split cheese into four equal portions and place the Monterey Jack cheese on top of the stuffing only, ensuring that the lobster and stuffing are evenly covered. Bake Lobster Tail
- Bake the lobster tails in the preheated oven until the meat is opaque and the stuffing is golden brown on top, 10 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the lobster tail should read 145 degrees F (65 degrees C).
- Serve with melted butter and lemon
If you need a break from the kitchen, why not visit Red Lobster during their 31st annual Lobsterfest. Three new dishes are available along with a few returning Red Lobster favorites. You can find all the dishes here: http://www.redlobster.com/
Disclaimer: The recipe and Red Lobster information was provided by the PR agency.