While we were away on vacation, we received a small box from our favorite online consignment store. Not too long ago, ThredUp had a very rare free shipping if you shopped from your Smartphone sale. This is the first time that we ever used our Smartphone for shopping, but free shipping at ThredUp sure could get us to shop over the phone.
We only had a $10 credit in our account, so we decided just to get two pieces. We searched high and low for our favorites, and we went through what we needed. The final decision ended up on a cute Levi’s Jeans Jacket and a light-blue Gymboree baby doll top for our little one.
Check out our Free Clothes:
Levis Pink Jeans Jacket with Embroidery $4.99
Gymboree Light Blue Baby Doll Top with Embroidery $4.99
– $10 ThredUp credit
Total out of pocket $0
Total saved $9.98
Total saved compared to new price $50
How To Get The Best Deals at ThredUp:
- Sign up here to get a $15 sign up bonus (If you like what you see, want to shop for free, and actually up shopping with your $15 sign up bonus, our family will get $15 to shop for too
- Choose the gender and sizes you want
- Choose prices low to high in the top right hand-side and start browsing.
- Check out the new-with-tag section (in the sidebar under “condition”), and check out the women’s and junior sections as well.
- Add everything you like to your cart to reserve the item for up to 24 hours – You can always remove it from your cart during your final sorting.
- Use the magnifying-glass feature and right click on the image to do you final inspection of each item.
- Buy items such as jeans, jean shorts, rompers, school uniform pieces, dresses, skirts and jackets, which are hard to find at low prices even on clearance.
- Buy $50 worth of clothing, get free shipping, and only pay $35+ after the ThredUp bonus.
- Everything ships in 3 – 8 business days.
- You can pay with ThredUp credit (such as your $15 bonus), paypal or credit card.
- Invite your friends and get $10 to shop for, once they make their first ThredUp purchase.
- Send in your kids’ or your own gently used clothing, and get paid via paypal or get store credit. (We only recommend this option, if you have no other options of reselling your kids clothes, as ThredUp only accepts clothing in like-new condition).
Here in the Frugality Is Free family we use ThredUp for a few things: 1) To buy jackets for the kids 2) To buy high-quality, name brand dresses for our daughter 3) To buy cardigans for our daughter 4) To buy high-quality jeans for our oldest sons
We have found that buying out-of-season is one of the best ways to save at ThredUp, check out how you can get jackets for only $3.62 each.
If you spend $50 to get free shipping and use your $15 sign up bonus above, you can buy 11 items for $54.89 – $15 bonus = $39.89, which means that you will end up paying only $3.62 shipped per item.
If you want to check out ThredUp? Make sure to get your $15 to shop for, when you sign up through this ThredUp bonus link (for a limited time only). If you actually find something that you like, we get $15 to shop for our four kids as well.
What would you spend your $15 on?