Our favorite online consignment store is doing it again, it is offering our readers $15 to shop for. Why? Because The Frugality Is Free family is among their VIP customers, and they want you to be to. Why are we VIP customers? Because, with four kids in the family, we have discovered the value of shopping consignment online.
ThredUp is simply our favorite online consignment store, because they offer up the most beautiful, high-quality, in like-new condition clothes plus new-with-tag clothing for low prices, and once in a while they offer awesome promotions like this one.
How To Get The Best Deals at ThredUp:
- Sign up here to get a $15 sign up bonus (If you like what you see, want to shop for free, and actually up shopping with your $15 sign up bonus, our family will get $15 to shop for too
- Choose the gender and sizes you want
- Choose prices low to high in the top right hand-side and start browsing.
- Check out the new-with-tag section (in the sidebar under “condition”), and check out the women’s and junior sections as well.
- Add everything you like to your cart to reserve the item for up to 24 hours – You can always remove it from your cart during your final sorting.
- Use the magnifying-glass feature and right click on the image to do you final inspection of each item.
- Buy items such as jeans, jean shorts, rompers, school uniform pieces, dresses, skirts and jackets, which are hard to find at low prices even on clearance.
- Buy $50 worth of clothing, get free shipping, and only pay $35+ after the ThredUp bonus.
- Everything ships in 3 – 8 business days.
- You can pay with ThredUp credit (such as your $15 bonus), paypal or credit card.
- Invite your friends and get $10 to shop for, once they make their first ThredUp purchase.
- Send in your kids’ or your own gently used clothing, and get paid via paypal or get store credit. (We only recommend this option, if you have no other options of reselling your kids clothes, as ThredUp only accepts clothing in like-new condition).
Here in the Frugality Is Free family we use ThredUp for a few things: 1) To buy jackets for the kids 2) To buy high-quality, name brand dresses for our daughter 3) To buy cardigans for our daughter 4) To buy high-quality jeans for our oldest sons
One of our frugal ways that we stretch our very limited clothing budget is buy shopping out of season. Tis is why June and July are the best months to buy winter jackets, jeans, and special occasion wear such as holiday dresses.
Take a look at the selection of jackets and winter jackets below, all of which costs no more than $4.99 each. If you spend $50 to get free shipping and use your $15 sign up bonus above, you can buy 11 items for $54.89 – $15 bonus = $39.89, which means that you will end up paying only $3.62 shipped per item.
The jackets below are from brands such as DKNY, The GAP, Roca Wear, Baby GAP, Gymboree, Bonnie Jean, Disney and More.
Do you want to try out ThredUp? If so, get $15 to shop for, when you sign up through this ThredUp bonus link (for a limited time only). If you actually find something that you like, we get $15 to shop for our four kids as well.
What would you spend your $15 on?