This week we received a box of beautiful clothing in the mail from our favorite online consignment store – ThredUp! We had sent in a bag of clothing, gotten about $16 for it, then we purchased a box of clothing by using the credit earned from our used clothing as well as other credits earned from readers signing up and loving ThredUp as well. As always the clothing was in pristine condition, and we even had three pieces new with tag in there.
Today ThredUp just started their 40 percent off ThredUp sale, which means it is a great time to pick up some nice brand-name clothing for the kids (and yourself).
Take a look at what we got in our box from ThredUp….
Take a look the great deals we found at ThredUp this morning.
I found a pair of new-with-tags Izod uniform shorts for our youngest son, five dresses, 1 top, 2 skirts and a winter jacket for our daughter. Three of the items were new with tag items, and while our kids do not mind wearing hand-me-downs and secondhand clothing, it is always nice to be able to get something new for them once in a while.
Our ThredUp Deals:
Free shipping on orders of $50+ (before credit)
– $51.90 credit
Total out of pocket $0
Total saved compared to new price $208
Earned $5.10 Back in Just For you Credit (For buying during the back-to-school season)
Find the best deals at ThredUp
How To Get The Best Deals at ThredUp:
- Sign up here to get a $10 sign up bonus (If you like what you see, want to shop for free, and actually end up shopping with your $10 sign up bonus, our family will get $10 to shop for too)
- Choose the gender and sizes you want
- Choose prices low to high in the top right hand-side and start browsing.
- Make sure to check out the new-with-tag section (in the sidebar under “condition”), and check out the women’s and junior sections as well.
- Add everything you like to your cart to reserve the item for up to 24 hours – You can always remove it from your cart during your final sorting.
- Use the magnifying-glass feature and right click on the image to do a final inspection of each item.
- Buy items such as jeans, jean shorts, rompers, school uniform pieces, dresses, skirts, cardigans and jackets, which are hard to find at low prices even on clearance.
- Buy $50 worth of clothing, get free shipping, and only pay $40+ after the ThredUp bonus.
- Everything ships in 3 – 8 business days.
- You can pay with ThredUp credit (such as your $10 bonus), paypal or credit card.
- Invite your friends and get $10 to shop for, once they make their first ThredUp purchase.
- Send in your kids’ or your own gently used clothing, and get paid via paypal or get store credit. (We only recommend this option, if you have no other options of reselling your kids clothes, as ThredUp only accepts clothing in like-new condition).
Do you have a favorite consignment store?