Do you love to shop for your little ones? I sure do, but I do not like to spend money. It is no secret that I love dresses, and now that Bellamy Blue is big enough to have an opinion about things, it turns out that she loves dresses too. With three sons, it is so much fun to help my daughter choose a dress or outfit to wear every day, and I am so thankful to be able to have beautiful dresses for her to chose between. The secret – online consignment stores. Right now you can get $20 to shop for at our favorite online consignment store, and make sure to read on to see, how you can get the most out of your $20. But hurry this offer is about to end!
Get your $20 here! Offer has expired get $10 here!
Buying new dresses at the stores is simply not possible, as we have a very limited clothing budget for our family of six. Once in a while, I am able to pick up some great clearance deals on basics such as socks, tights, leggings and bike shorts with gift cards earned or won online, but I also have three growing boys to dress, so I have to get creative. I find a few things at local thrift stores, but it is mostly jeans and shorts for the boys, as I only want to buy clothing for our girl that is nice enough that I can sell it again afterward. With the boys, the clothing also has to be in good quality, since I want it to last at least through two boys, or be nice enough to be sold after our youngest son has outgrown it.
This is why ThredUp is our favorite online consignment store for kids clothes (they sell women’s and junior clothing too), because the quality is in top. Only one time have we received two items that were not to our satisfaction, and after an email to ThredUp we received credit back in our account.
This morning I just placed a ThredUp order, I had some credit from when readers order from ThredUp, and I also received ThredUp credit for sending in a bag of our used, but in like-new condition clothing. From past experience I’ve learned that ThredUp only accepts 1/2 to 1/3 of the clothing I send in, and so I choose a handful of items that I thought I would be able to get credit for and then I added some clothing that I did not feel was nice enough to sell or pass on to other due to stain or washed out look etc. The items I did send in were a few of my own piece that I had either received free or gotten at the thrift store (since I’d never be able to afford the brands for myself that they accept), and then some of my boys clothing which had been through at least one boy, and several pieces which had been through all three boys.
I only recommend sending your clothes to ThredUp, if you do not want to bother with local consigning or reselling on your own, as they do not return clothing they do not accept (unless you pay a fee).
Take a look the great deals we found at ThredUp this morning.
I found a pair of new-with-tags Izod uniform shorts for our youngest son, five dresses, 1 top, 2 skirts and a winter jacket for our daughter. Three of the items were new with tag items, and while our kids do not mind wearing hand-me-downs and secondhand clothing, it is always nice to be able to get something new for them once in a while.
Our ThredUp Deals:
Free shipping on orders of $50+ (before credit)
– $51.90 credit
Total out of pocket $0
Total saved compared to new price $208
Earned $5.10 Back in Just For you Credit (For buying during the back-to-school season)
How To Get The Best Deals at ThredUp:
Sign up here to get a $20 sign up bonusOffer has expired – Get $10 HERE. (If you like what you see, want to shop for free, and actually end up shopping with your $20 sign up bonus, our family will get $10 to shop for too) (Offer ENDS September 15!)
- Choose the gender and sizes you want
- Choose prices low to high in the top right hand-side and start browsing.
- Make sure to check out the new-with-tag section (in the sidebar under “condition”), and check out the women’s and junior sections as well.
- Add everything you like to your cart to reserve the item for up to 24 hours – You can always remove it from your cart during your final sorting.
- Use the magnifying-glass feature and right click on the image to do a final inspection of each item.
- Buy items such as jeans, jean shorts, rompers, school uniform pieces, dresses, skirts, cardigans and jackets, which are hard to find at low prices even on clearance.
- Buy $50 worth of clothing, get free shipping, and only pay $30+ after the ThredUp bonus.
- Everything ships in 3 – 8 business days.
- You can pay with ThredUp credit (such as your $20 bonus), paypal or credit card.
- Invite your friends and get $10 to shop for, once they make their first ThredUp purchase.
- Send in your kids’ or your own gently used clothing, and get paid via paypal or get store credit. (We only recommend this option, if you have no other options of reselling your kids clothes, as ThredUp only accepts clothing in like-new condition).
How To Get The Best Value!
- Buy 9 pieces at $4.99 and 1 piece at $5.49 = $50.40
- Use your $20 ThredUp sign up bonus
- Spend $30.40 on 10 items
- $3.04 per item!
Do you ever shop consignment for yourself or your kids?