After a fun fall day in South Florida, where we started out at the gym, had a blast in the outdoors pool, went for a loooong walk and even did a little shopping, we were completely beat, when we finally made it home. So after everyone recuperated, the kids asked to make Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Party Mex.
This week you can save big on Chex cereal at Publix.
- Chex Cereal on BOGO from 11/20 – 11/26*, no coupon required for savings, available at Publix. *Dates might vary in certain markets.
- Visit www.ReadyPlanSave.com to clip and print your coupons. Available while supplies last.
- Save $1 when you buy 2 Chex cereals
HOT Chex Cereal & Milk Deal
To make this week’s General Mill’s Chex Cereal BOGO deal even better, buy milk as well, and use a $2 off Milk Publix coupon wyb 2 General Mills cereals from the Green Advantage ad, which you can find at Publix customer service. Check out our deal from this morning.
Hot Chex Cereal and Milk Deal:
2 x Chex Cereals on sale at 2 for $3.79 – ($1/2 General Mills Chex Cereal Coupon) = $2.79 ($1.40 each)
1 gallon Publix milk at $4.15 – ($2 Publix coupon off milk wyb 2 General Mills cereals) = $2.15
Total out of pocket $4.94
Total saved $6.79
We pulled out the Chex cereal, and after mixing up a few favorite ingredients we had a chocolaty treat on our hands – a great-tasting fall treat the boys insisted, and it sure was difficult to keep hands out of the bowl, while the Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Party Mex cooled down.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Party Mex
- 2 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, heat butter and chocolate chips on High 1 minute or until almost melted;
- stir and microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth;
- stir in condensed milk, heat 30 seconds or until boiling;
- stir in cinnamon. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Stir in coconut and marshmallows. Pour onto waxed-paper lined pan to cool.
The kids love Chex cereal, and the Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Party Mex was definitely a hit all around.
Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.