It’s July, which means we’ve kicked up back to school shopping in the Frugality Is Free family. Why start so early? Because this is when the great summer clearance sales start and for us that means back to school sales. Our favorite way of shopping this year is getting free back-to-school clothes at Schoola. The best part is that you can start your back to school shopping with $25 to shop for too, with free shipping. Yep, it’s true, there are no strings attached.
Simply follow our guide below to get your $25 to shop for, and then make your very own back to school sale.
You can either pick out a bunch of basics, or your can chose a few high-end brands, which might be what you need to do, if you have brand-conscious tweens and teens in the family. You can also choose the condition of the clothes you wish to see, I always click in the sidebar under condition and choose: new, perfect and good condition. The descriptions of the clothes at Schoola are usually spot on, and if you want to inspect a piece of clothing closer up, simply click on the picture to see the full description and get the ability to zoom over the piece of clothing to check for spots etc.
How To Shop For Free at Schoola:
- Sign up for Schoola here and get $15 to shop for. (This is our referral link – if you sign up, see what you like and actually make a purchase we get $15 to shop for too)
- Then go to the Custom Collections and create your own Custom Collection to get a $10 Schoola credit. Make sure you’re signed in with the account you’ve just created, and add one item to your check out cart from the collection to get your credit. (You do not need to buy this item)
- Go select the sizes you need, the brands you want, and then click low to high prices in the top right corner. Schoola even has a new-with-tag section. Shop for your $25 Schoola credit.
- In the sidebar you can choose the tab condition and just choose “new”, “good” and “perfect” for the best pieces of clothing.
- Use Schoola coupon code FUN to get 30 percent off.
- For a limited time! Get FREE shipping on orders of $25+.
- If your total is less than your Schoola credit, you will have to add your credit information, if it is more than your credit amount you can pay with Paypal or debit/credit.
- Tell your friends about this deal, and get $15 if they decided to shop for their $25 Schoola credit too!
Voila! You just got $25 worth of second-hand clothing for free – which could add up to more than $300 worth of clothes, if you choose wisely!
Take a look at our latest free clothes at Schoola. We focus on pieces of clothing that are hard to find on clearance at our budget, such as button-down shirts, dresses, jackets, cardigans, jeans, fancy blouses and skirts. With four kids, there are a lot of shopping to do, and our oldest is growing so tall that I am having a difficult time keeping up with my bargain shopping. Once in a while I even find something for FIF dad or myself, and as a frugal shopper with four kids, it sure is nice to find something for the grown ups once in a while.
We had $60 in Schoola credit from friends, family and readers signing up and getting $25 worth of free clothes at Schoola, and we paired that with the $20 off $75 Schoola coupon TWENTYOFF. Right now you get automatic free shipping on orders of $25 or more, and your free Schoola credit counts too.
If I had purchased all of the above clothing new I would have paid close to $400!
Thankfully neither of our four kids nor my husband and I mind wearing second-hand clothes, in fact we prefer shopping second hand. Why? Not only is buying second-hand clothes an environmentally friendly option, but it also gives us a way to stretch our dollar, and it is amazing how much great clothes you can find when you just look carefully. I would say that 70 percent of our family’s wardrobe have been purchased second hand, and the rest have been bought with coupons, clearance and gift cards.
So, this year why not give Schoola a try, and if you do end up spending any money in addition to the $25 free credit, you should feel good about it too, because Schoola gives 40 percent off the company’s profit to schools to support the arts, physical education and music.
In fact, Schoola is on the track to give $100,000 back to schools….just for sending in used clothes to Schoola. How cool is that? Make sure to see how you can donate your kids’ clothes too.
Do you shop second-hand for back to school.
Make sure to keep a close eye on our back to school sales tab, where we will list all of the great back-to-school deals we find.