We had a big yard sale before we moved, where we sold a lot of old clothes, but we still had some left that did not sell. Then as we did our final packing I discovered more clothes that didn’t fit our youngest son, and everything was packed up and sent off to Schoola. When you donate to Schoola, they send you a bag for free, and shipping to Schoola is free as well. 40 percent off the proceeds off the sale is then donated to the school of your choice, and once a school earns more than $20 in proceeds this school will be sent a check from Schoola.
We have shopped at Schoola for more than a year, and our kids got most of their new and new-to-them school wardrobes from Schoola, but this was the first time that we actually sent off clothes. We did not expect anything in return for our donation (other than the donation proceeds to our school), so it was a bit surprise for us to receive a $5 Schoola coupon for each bag of clothes that we donated to Schoola.
You can donate to Schoola too, it is easy, quick and simple. Plus you get a $20 sign up bonus to shop for (free shipping on no minimum), when you sign up trough the link below. I’m not sure whether the $5 coupon that we received for donating a bag is a limited offer or not, but even if it is, it is still a great way to get rid of your old clothes and help out your local schools.
How To Get the Best Deal at Schoola:
- Sign up for Schoola here and get $20 to shop for. (This is our referral link – if you sign up, see what you like and actually use your $20, we get $20 to shop for too)
- Go select the sizes you need, the brands you want, and then click low to high prices in the top right corner. Shop for your $20 Schoola credit.
- In the sidebar you can choose the tab condition and just choose “good” for the best pieces of clothing.
- Items that has an ! by it, means that they have been reduced further.
- Your cart expires after 15 minutes, which means the item becomes available for someone else to bu To avoid your favorite items being snatched up by someone else – and yes that happens – simply add a new item before your time expires. It is easy to remove the item again at checkout.
- At checkout, hold down the CTRL key while you click on each photo, and you can expect the clothing closer with the zoom function.
- Use Schoola coupon code: BACK2SVGS to get 30% off your order. You can also try using coupon code GET50OFF or FIRST50OFF for an even better deal. You can combine this coupon with your $20 Schoola sign up credit, and only pay $1 for your order. (Codes are not valid on new-with-tags items.).
- You get FREE shipping with no minimum.
- If your total is less than your Schoola credit, you will have to add your credit information, if it is more than your credit amount you can pay with Paypal or debit/credit.
- Tell your friends about this deal, and get $20 if they decided to shop for their $20 Schoola credit too!
I used the 3 x $5 Schoola coupon codes to get a fleece jacket for our oldest son, a fall jacket for our youngest son and a cardigan for myself. These items would have been expensive, if I had bought them new, and I would have paid more than $150. Instead I paid $0 shipped! Because I did not have anything to pay after the Schoola coupon codes, I had to enter my credit card information. It went smoothly, and I got everything shipped for free.
What would you get at Schoola for your $20 sign up bonus? Would you ever donate to schoola?